The good news is that there are a myriad of cosmetic dental solutions to improve your smile and help correct issues like missing teeth and difficulty eating or speaking. The bad news is that there are so many choices that it can be difficult to decide which solution is best suited for you and your situation. One cosmetic solution that is not talked about as much as some others, but should be, is dental bridges.
What are dental bridges?
A dental bridge, as the name implies, spans the distance between two existing teeth and is an ideal solution for someone who is just missing a single tooth in a prominent area. The bridge is made of metal with an enamel overlay and affixes to the two existing teeth, while suspending a facsimile tooth in the area of the missing tooth.
Benefits of dental bridges
1. Cost. A dental bridge is substantially less expensive that more widely-talked-about options like dental implants. The cost of a dental bridge can be as low as $500.
2. Realistic look. Dental bridges give you the look and feel of a real tooth. The enamel on the bridge is color matched to your other existing teeth so that it blends in. A bridge also allows you to talk, eat foods, and laugh naturally without having to worry about losing your teeth as can happen with dentures.
3. Durability. Dental bridges, while not as long-lasting as dental implants, can last for decades. For many dental patients, this is the last cosmetic dental solution they will ever have to have installed in their mouth.
4. Keeping existing teeth in place. Another benefit of investing in a dental bridge is that it will help prevent your existing teeth from moving to fill in the gap of the missing tooth, potentially interfering with your bite and the look of your smile.
5. Maintaining facial shape. A dental bridge can also help to fill in the space left empty by a missing tooth and help to avoid that sunken look that can accompany missing teeth. Maintaining your facial shape is also beneficial to good self-esteem and feeling good about your appearance.
While a dental bridge isn't necessarily the right solution for everyone looking to improve his or her smile, this dental option is affordable, easy and quick to install, have a realistic look and are durable. For more information, talk to a cosmetic dentist.Share